
All of the other Americans have left and I have changed my address. I live here on this street now... such a pretty street, Calle Larios. It is named after a very very rich man (who also has his own Gin named after him) who ownded lots and lots of property in southern Spain and bought the title of Marquis from a damaged nobleman who only had his title left, which evidently, he sold. I live right above all of this stuff, on the top floor in a pretty large apartment with 5 other people. First there is a French guy who was studying here and now he works in a crepery (how appropriate for a Frenchie). Then there is a Dutch guy, Eramsus student, as well as a Mexican girl (named Adriana!!) and they go to school together. There is a girl from London who is probably the most open to me so far... maybe because we are the only two who can speak perfect english to each other and then last but not least is a 70 year old Japanese guy who only leaves his room to go out or to use the kitchen. We do not think he uses the bathroom. He is strange. Anyhow, things are going well... I`ve been at the beach every day... writing a bit... and hanging out with Michaela when she gets off of work and her little family of Brazilian guys. There are about 8 of them and they go everywhere together and they are always so much fun. I also hang out with the few internationals that are left from the school but it is really sad because at least one of the many awesome people I have met here seem to leave almost every day.
The other day my friend from Sweeden (Torbjorn) had his father here visiting. It was fun because he had gotten to meet my parents too. He made fun of me when I said, hey, you speak english, you need to meet my parents... but then he did the same thing to me. Anyhow, I am writing right now from the ISA office... it is really nice to have the people from my program around in case I need anything. I always see familiar faces but I miss my old roommate and Marissa. I think tomorrow I am going to get a hair cut. If I do, I will post pictures. Something to make me look more Spanish I´m thinking... just joking. I have about 3 inches of dead dead dead hair.
Until next time... and with more pictures then...
xoxoxoxoxo
-Mame
3 comments:
hey, at last a post! I thought you had abandoned the blog-o-sphere! BTW, there is no photo on this recent post. Interesting roommates. Maybe you should keep your door locked! I have more beautiful photos to email you---you and your rat pack! We enjoyed your friends and hope they'll visit the U.S. one day!
missing you and love you as ever XOXO
hey again! I re-opened your blog to see if my comment was there and....tah-dah...there is a photo of the charming Calle Larios! So ignore the comment about the no photo.
XOXO
pretty street! it kind of looks like a shopping mall. i need a haircut too. it's almost down to my butt, but none of it is dead. i miss you!!
love
erin
Post a Comment