Saturday, March 29, 2008

Morocco: Issue º3

So what`s up from my Don Quijote read-athon. I spent last night reading in the study and then reading today at the beach. I`m almost done with the first half of the first volume. I am getting set to go out and buy some Aloe Vera gel.
I`m not too sunburnt don`t worry.
Here are some more photos from Morocco.

This was our dromedary and guide through the desert. We named him but it was a very long and un-pronounceable and unwritable name so just imagine something like that. That part of the name was in Arabic but then we added ¨T-rex feroz the gentle.¨ This was a very good camel.



An even better camel was Megatron which was the camel behind us in the caravan. Megatron let me pet him the entire way to the village (I was sitting super-back saddle).


This is a friend that I shared the camel with. He is studying with ISA in Madrid.


This is the desert village we visited.



A small friend that I made in the desert.


A desert friend I now share friendship bracelets with.


My desert Erin. Ignore the creepy face I`m making.



My roommate Nicole dancing.


The musicians that threw our party on the last night.


Our group directors.




A house without walls where we had a picnic on the way out of the desert.


A jungle where there allegedly were monkeys. (I didn`t see any)


Our fantastic guide and bus driver. He gave me the nickname ¨la chica mas simpatica de los Estados Unidos¨.

Morocco was a great place to visit. I would love to live in the desert sometime. It was the perfect environment for my allergies. They have conserved an incredible way of life.

I was also very happy to return to Spain where I could show my shoulders again.

Back to el Quijote.
Saludos!
By the way... thanks to everyone who made blogs with cute little names so that they could give me their comments. We are creating a very impressive little world.

2 comments:

mamieslilsis said...

Wow Mamie, those pictures are great. I can't image you riding a camel, your sadle must have been pink, lol. It sounds like you had a great time, it must have been a wonderful experience. I finally made some posts on my blogg, be sure to take a look. I love you and miss you!

mamieslilsis said...

Just so you know I left comments on your Morocco: Issue 1 and 2 sorry I didn't before, but now that swimming is over I have all the time in the world and I'm now able to keep up with your many adventures!